Sukoshi Ishi Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 2: Ren's Win

Go down

Episode 2: Ren's Win Empty Episode 2: Ren's Win

Post by Kree8or Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:14 pm

"Don't be so sure you've won!" Terse exclaimes as she launches her final Sukoshi. The clear half-orb slides across the table, hitting both of Ren's Sukoshi, knocking them both off.

"Aw. I lost," Ren pouted. Terse smiled and gave a superior "hmph".

"It's alright. You were really good!" Dan praised. He then walked over to Crux's table. "Isn't he good, Crux?"

"He didn't win," Crux said matter-of-factly.

"He still did good for his first try, right?" Dan asked.

"I think he did really well. He surprised me," Terse replied.

"Really? You guys think I'm good?" Ren wondered.

"Well, yeah! You almost beat Terse!" Dan exclaimed. "She is the creator of the game, after all."

"Really?" Ren was shocked.

"Yes. I invented it a while back, but it was just released a little over a month ago, right in this store," Terse blushed.

"I see," Ren said. "So, how about a rematch?"

"I'm sorry. I can't. Since Sukoshi Ishi has grown so much so fast, people are demanding an official tournament. I have finished planning it, and it will be next week, right here. This is the first official tournament, so the turn out might be big or small, so it takes a lot of planning. You understand, right?" Terse confirmed.

"Yeah, I understand," Ren replied, disappointed.

"Good. Also, we're expecting a new release of- well, you'll see them on the tournament day," Terse informed them before leaving.

"I wonder what's being released," Dan said.

"Maybe more Sukoshi?" Ren suggested.

"They've already released just about every color. I have no idea what it might be. Anyways, if that tournament really is next week, we better train. Want to play?" Dan challenged.

"You bet!" Ren exclaimed as he ran over to the table they had been at earlier and ran into an older, big, muscular guy and dropped his blue Sukoshi.

"Hey, kid! Watch it!" The older guy yelled.

"I'm so sorry!" Ren said as he went to pick up his Sukoshi.

"You play Sukoshi Ishi, huh? I'll battle you," the older guy said. "I'm daVoid. Charles daVoid."

"I'm Ren. I'm sort of new to Sukoshi Ishi, so I'm not sure I want to battle-" Ren started.

"Of course you do! Get over to that other side," Charles interrupted semi-menacingly. Ren complied and set up his blue Sukoshi in an alternating line. Charles set his orange Sukoshi in a length-wise line. "I'll go first."

Charles reached into his back pocket and pulled out a brown pentagon-shaped tube that tapered at one end. He put one of his Sukoshi inside and slammed it on the table. The Sukoshi shot out, leaving an orange blur. It collided with the blue Sukoshi, sending three flying off the table as the orange one fell off, too.

"Woah!" Dan exclaimed. Everyone stopped what they were doing to turn and look. Even Crux stood up from his table to see what was going on.

"You guys like it?" Charles laughed. "It's called a Slam Launcher. Pretty awesome, huh? Anyways, your turn, Ren."

"Alright," Ren said as he took one of his last two Sukoshi. His pupils constricted and he rolled the blue Sukoshi, knocking off two of Charles's Sukoshi.

"You'll never win at that rate. Even if the score is tied, I can take out both of yours in one hit," Charles gloated as he loaded one of his Sukoshi into the Slam. Launcher. He gripped it and slammed it down on the table, causing the Sukoshi to plow forward at an incredible speed. It missed Ren's Sukoshi, though, and fell off the edge. "I- I missed? I never miss."

"Let's go!" Ren said as he prepared to launch his Sukoshi. He rolled it as his eyes constricted. He hit one of Charles's, knocking it off, and the blue Sukoshi ricocheted, flying backwards and stopping. Ren put it back.

"I can't believe I lost," Charles said, disappointed.

"It's okay. I lost today, too," Ren replied, trying to comfort him.

"Yeah, but I never lose," Charles retorted.

"Just like you never miss," Crux said sarcastically.

"Why you-" Charles started.

"How did you get that?!" Terse yelled, pointing at the Slam Launcher.

"I- uh- I- Bye!" Charles said as he ran out of the shop. Terse chased after him.

"I wonder what that's about?" Dan asked, looking out the shop door.

"Maybe that's the new release?" Ren wondered.

"Of course it is," Crux said. "Well, it seems like there's nothing left to see here."

Crux got up and left, arms crossed.

"What's his deal?" Ren asked.

"No one's really sure. Anyways, I'd better get going. You go ahead and keep those Sukoshi," Dan said as he left.

"Thanks. I guess I should go, too," Ren said as he left. As he walked home, he thought about the tournament that would be coming up and how the new release of the Slam Launcher would affect the game that was still extremely new to him. He couldn't wait to see how everything turned out.

Kree8or
Admin

https://sukoshiishi.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down